Friday, November 7, 2014

Week 09 Journal 08

Finally, it's November! One month left until the end of semester. We only have four weeks left, and even the best part is the fall break is coming! We had our second assignment this Monday due and second test this Wednesday. I felt nervous about the test because it was announced that would not be similar to the past test. Course materials are almost all about ''prove and disprove'' which I am not good at it. I finished second assignment, but I felt it won't be a good grade.

While preparing the second test, I saw the announcement of professor Zhang that the second test won't be similar to the past tests. So I decided not do those past tests. However, without the past tests, I lost one source to study for the test. I only read over the entire course notes, and practice questions from the tutorial. I'm not sure if it is enough, but still go to take the test at Bahen Building during lecture hours. While waiting outside of the test room, there were lots of people waiting, too. People looks as nervous as I was. Everyone looks serious, nobody was chatting and smiling. After the tests, there are only three questions, and I felt I did okay. I felt a short period of relax.

We have regular lecture on Friday, and seems the test result won't come out until next week. Comparing to the second test, I worried about my result of second assignment more. Waiting for the grades something is as hard as preparing for the test. Although it would not make my life terrible even it's not a good grade, I believe grades are telling how well you have learned. It is great if I have learned whatever I should have, otherwise I should start studying harder from now on.

Although the crazy October has passed, I am still bust during November. There are three tests and six assignment(project) coming. Can't wait for the fall break, and it is impossible but hope the time will pass slower during the fall break. Hopefully the grades will come out before the fall break, and hope I will be happy when the results release. Hello November!

No comments:

Post a Comment