Friday, November 14, 2014

Week 10 Journal 09

Second week of November. It is a normal week for CSC165. We had three one-hour lecture and learned some new material. New material looks more complicated and is harder to follow right away during lecture. But it is pretty cool that there are some use of the symbol which I have never seen. I also enjoy the weekly tutorial for this course. Every week I will learn something new or more detailed about the course in the tutorial.

In the tutorial this Monday, we practiced how to prove the Big-Oh which I did not quite understand during the lecture last week. Our TA explained what is the Big-Oh very detailed at the beginning, he answered questions well and even repeat the explanation again and again until nobody has questions. We practiced two proofs steps by steps on the board, so I did not have difficulty writing my weekly quiz. I really appreciate our TA's patient and hard working with us.

We learned how to disprove the Big-Oh and introduced the Big-Omega in lectures this week. The lecture was great, but I felt I don't fully understand the detail. I probably should figure out by myself since there is no tutorial next Monday. Fall break starts tomorrow! Professor Heap always great lecture and great atmosphere of learning, however, I sometimes don't understand his writing on the slides. I would like to try focusing on listening and write down whatever I heard, not just copying down what he write on the slides next week.

The fall break is started since I finished all my classes today. I appreciate that we have one short break before the final exam weeks come. Although it might be too early to say, but I hope the final exam won't be too hard for this course and other courses I am taking. I really enjoy CSC165, even though there is no coding and it is only 100-level course, it is still challenging.  Hope assignment three won't be too hard, and everything will end well at the end of semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment