Friday, November 28, 2014

Week 12 Journal 11

The semester is almost ended, we are at the last full week of school. The course website was not available for the past couple days because of the technical problems of the CDF system. Therefore, I can not go to the website and print out the lecture slides. It is a little inconvenience, but the lectures are still as good as usual. We talked about more python structures this week. They are not like proof always has steps to follow, but are giving ideas of induction and halts function. The other important thing for CSC165 is that the third assignment is due next week. My result of the second assignment was not as good as I expected, I should work harder and more careful on the third one.

Today we had the problem solving activities again during the lecture. It is about counting the diagonals. If we draw small squares in the rectangle. When the diagonal line crossing a rectangle, it will touch some of the small squares in the rectangle. So we need to find a solution to count the total amount small squares on each different size of rectangles. At the end I did not figure out a equation for that, but I got some idea of the pattern and felt it is really cool. I really enjoy this kind of activities in the lecture. It makes the lectures not just listening to professor and read the slides, it make us thinks. Make our brain active and being creative.

When working on the third assignment, I found difficulty even at the first questions. I put it down and went to do other things at the first time. Later when I came back I started from the second question. It is more similar to the questions we practice in the tutorial, therefore I finished it in a short time. Some other questions are related to the limit, I found difficulty again. I asked for help and search the idea online. At the last question, I had no idea again. This assignment is so hard, and it probably will take me many days to finish it. Hopefully, I will finished well before the due date. Let's get started again after this journal.

I'm glad I choose to take CSC165 this semester with Professor Danny. Some people told me that CSC165 is a hard course at the beginning of semester. Although I definitely feel challenging, but I really enjoy going to lecture and working on the assignment. Through out the entire semester, the course make me feel I have learned something useful and interesting. I appreciate my TA a lot, he always taught really detailed during the tutorial. I would like to have more courses with Professor Danny in the future if possible. I would recommend the course to my friends. And Thanks to Professor Danny, all TAs and whoever helped me through the semester!  

(Edited)
Comment on
The conjunction, disjunction, implicity from other student
http://csc165kim.blogspot.ca/2014/09/week-3-september-22-26th-2014-this-week.html?showComment=1417570146926#c9170301924701399987

Common on
Folding Activity from other student
http://damlaker.blogspot.ca/2014/10/folding-reason-i-chose-to-folding.html?showComment=1417571151665#c7680338163634836482

Comment on
The Big-Oh proof from other student
http://larryzhuly.blogspot.ca/2014/11/slog-9.html?showComment=1417571388826#c1315750532851004797

Comment on
The Big Omega Proof from other student
http://csc165isawesome.blogspot.ca/2014/11/entry-7.html?showComment=1417570673247#c3440011551763584915

Comment on
One useful summarize from other student
http://csc165herewego.blogspot.ca/2014/10/review-of-csc165-material-before-test.html?showComment=1417569905336#c6484362878499626144

Comment on
some idea of reduction from other student
http://csc165f1.blogspot.ca/2014/11/week-111-12.html?showComment=1417570384863#c9180795578021643499

No comments:

Post a Comment