Friday, October 10, 2014

Week 05 Journal 04

It is the second week of October.  In the beginning of the course, I had a feeling that CSC165 is one of those course that require a tremendous amount efforts. However, I find this course a nightmare.The course seems to be getting harder as we went through the solutions for our assignment 1 because most of my them are different from mine. This was a enormous shock to me.

The nightmare continued with the test on Wednesday. I felt fully prepared for this test because I did a lot of readings and practice questions as well as the past tests. I had only little trouble when I was doing my review. However, the test was a different story. Although the questions on the test were similar to past tests, I could not figure out the right was to approach the questions. I am not sure why this happened to me; perhaps, I was too nervous.Nonetheless, the test was not all that bad. I really appreciate that we were allowed a double-sided cheat sheet. It guided me through the first two questions on the test, yet my brain reflected uncertainty. The 'real' nightmare began with question 3 where it asked to provide an example. I felt hopeless since my brain was empty at the moment. I almost passed out! I have never had such miserable experience in my life. All I am hoping is that I can successfully pass this test, fingers crossed.

Even though the course is getting harder, it is not all negative. The course materials that we went through in lecture this week was quite beneficial to me, especially to my critical thinking skill. The skills we learned to prove with the combination of the materials we have already learned in previous weeks has significantly impacted the way I look at things. More importantly, it enables me to tackle many problems from various aspects.
 
All in all, I will try to work a little bit harder whenever I can, and hopefully things will turn out differently in the next two months. This has been a very busy week as many assignment and tests from other classes are all packed together. I am glad it is over now.

No comments:

Post a Comment