Friday, October 3, 2014

Week 04 Journal 03

A month has passed since the semester started. Almost all the students have settled down what courses they want to take in this semester. And I have decided that I would really like to take CSC165 this semester. The material we learned from the lecture seems getting harder. Sometimes I did not understand right away during the lecture. However, it is still possible to learn by myself, and try to understand it outside of class. That's how I find the interesting part of this course. 

There is a good resource that I just found out this week. Piazza is really helpful and useful. People who are taking this course can ask or answer questions online. If you don't want to show your name, you can write as an anonymous. All the questions will be kindly answer by instructors and students. Besides that, I also saw people looking for partner for the assignments on Piazza. It is a great chance to find other students to study with and be friends. When I got questions or not sure the meaning of assignment 1, I looked up online and see if other people had the same questions. Most of the time my questions will be solved. It is a great website for us to use.

Moreover, as I mentioned above, the due date of our first assignment is coming. Actually, it is due today October 3rd, 10pm. When I first scan the assignment, I thought it was quiet simple. However, after read carefully through the entire assignment, I found out that was not quite simple. It request some deeper thinking. I spent more than three days working on this assignment. It was fun to think about all the questions, and I hope my answers are correct, and most importantly, my grade for first assignment will be fine. 

There is a thing that was kind of bothers me. I don't know if it is better to work individually or with other partners when doing the assignment. At then end, I chose to work individually this time, and probably will find partner and work with other people for next assignment. To see what kind of person am I when doing the project. The midterm is coming next. It is my first midterm of this semester, and I felt nervous and worried about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment